Saturday, April 12, 2008

It looks like a party!

Now that my ballband dishcloth is finished, I, obviously, need to start another! I mean, can I really have enough dishcloths??? It's getting ridiculous. Anywho, I had a pattern for an entrelac dishcloth in the bag that I took to MB w/ me (one of about 30 - remember, I absolutely must be prepared for whatever mood strikes me while on vacation - this is why I pack way too much and DH complains - jokingly)

I decided on trying the Garterlac Dishcloth by Dave at Criminy Jickets - http://criminyjickets.blogspot.com/. I found it by searching on Ravelry for dishcloths that would work well with varigated yarns since I have so much after my recent Peaches n Creme order. Did I mention that I bought 4 cones and 4 balls of the stuff??? We will ignore the fact that I already have a ton already that I bought at Wal-mart before discovering the website and their super-quick shipping...

Here's some that I balled partially from cones: Sour Green Apple (brown, green, yellow, blue), Mint & Chocolate (blue, white, brown), and Royal Verde (purple, yellow, green).


Here's the rest: Seabreeze (cone), Shaded Brown, Black Cherry, Teal Ombre, Bubblegum

I love, love LOVE the Royal Verde, so this became the yarn of choice for the Garterlac Dishcloth. It's the colors of Mardi Gras, so it will be, from here on out, the Mardi Gras-derlac Dishcloth - or not - that's really bad. Here it is in the beginning stages:


Suzy likes it too:











I was so excited to show DH - he's usually pretty good at giving me encouraging words, which makes me feel like I sometimes know what I'm doing. This time, he exclaimed "It looks like a party!" It made me laugh.

So... On to the Party Like a Rockstar Mardi Gras-derlac dishcloth!

I promise I'll get back to the CPH eventually...

1 comment:

Holly S. said...

I love the garterlac dishcloth. I made one in orange/pink/green/white. It's in my ravelry projects. When I took it to my knitting group and said, "Look what I made this weekend." They were sufficiently impressed. When you finish one, you really feel like you've accomplished something.