Monday, July 28, 2008

My waterbottle cozy... and Sue

I decided that my new Camelbak waterbottle needed a cozy since it created a lot of condensation on the outside of it when I filled it with ice water. I didn't want to lay it down anywhere because I was afraid of it leaving a ring. I had a bunch of Cascade Fixation yarn that I had bought intenting to make socks (which I will do, eventually, I'm sure) and decided to test it out. It is cotton with some elastic added to make it stretchy, so I figured that it would probably work pretty well on a straight sided waterbottle. The stretchy would help hold it up.

I also wanted to add a bottom to it because I was worried that it might slip off while holding it. I had a pattern for a mug cozy that I had made a while back with Fixation and it worked rather well, so I took the beginning instructions for creating the circular bottom to create the pattern for the cozy.




One other thing I wanted was a way to be able to see how much water I drank, so I added little windows in the side as I came to each ounce/milliliter marking. They line up pretty well, although, I may just do a larger opening next time, or just a long open strip with some ties indicating the markings. It's still hard to see with just those little holes, but I thought it was a novel concept at the time. Live and learn.






I really like the way it turned out and use it a lot. I made it in my favorite colors and I think it looks pretty good with the pink waterbottle.

No comments: