Tuesday, March 4, 2008

First post

Well, here is my first non-work related blog - maybe it'll be updated more frequently! I realized that, after joining Ravelry, that I did not have a good place to give updates to my knitting and stitch marker projects. I could pics, but didn't have a good way to journal about them. So, now I have a blog. Here it is!

I am currently working on the "now cliche" Central Park Hoodie - although I totally see why everyone loves it so much...

I am using Alpaca with a Twist in a burnt orange color - and I must say that I think that it is turning out to be rather awesome! This will be my first completed sweater. My first attempt at a sweater was WAY to small (imagine a sweater for a 10 year old) and the second was the same sweater that was WAY too huge - linebacker huge. I never finished either because I got discouraged. I think I've learned a very important lesson on making sweaters based on gauge and using proper measurements... although I don't know yet if I trust even my swatch, so we'll see what happens when I'm getting closer to finishing my CPH.

Anyway, here is a picture of what I have done so far...




I haven't had much time to work on it lately, but I hope to finish it before it gets too warm. But I may be too late - it was in the 70's the other day.

1 comment:

Debbie D said...

Congrat's on your 1st NON-WORK related blog post! You will find posting about knitting much more fun.