Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thinking about it and...

... I think that blocking may just fix my issue. Hoping so anyway. Since this is my first thing I've really tried where gauge is really an issue (other than my tiny and huge sweaters where I apparently could have cared less at the time), I'm not sure what to expect. First time with this yarn, too. I didn't wash and block my swatch because I'm slightly worried that I may run out of yarn and may need to frog it to get the extra yarn. I don't want to do something that might mess it up. Is it realistic to think that it's ok to stretch my pieces out 1.5 inches from the way they lay naturally when blocking? I'm sure other knitters who are way more experienced than me would know right away, but I'm just going to take it as a learning experience and not let it get to me. I've frogged big things before and can do it again, if needed.

Anyway, I've finished the left front and am starting the right front. We'll see if I can get them to match.

1 comment:

linzred said...

Jamie,
Hey! I have exciting news, e-mail me at linzred@yahoo.com!!